It’s that time of the month again when we release the top 20 gamification gurus based on Klout, Lanyrd and Twitter activity. Plenty of movement this month as some of the top gurus re-exert their authority on the list… after all, a true gamification guru should be able to…. ;)
Well done to Gabe Zichermann who recaptures the top spot.
You’ve been leaderboarded!
The gamfication gurus list applies gamification principles and ideas to create a leaderboard of the top 20 speakers and experts on gamfication across the globe.
Have you got any ideas for who or what I should leaderboard next (see what I did there? I created a verb out of a noun…) then please let me know in the comments below.
Who’s out this month?
We wave goodbye (from the top 20) to Laurence Buchanan, Guy Stephens, Hanan Gazit, Ben Kirman, Barry Kirk, Kam Star, Dennis Crowley, Steven L Johnson and myself Toby Beresford. I was having a baby, what’s your excuse?
Who’s in this month?
We welcome to the top 20 gurus this month:
- Sebastian Deterding, a user experience expert based in Germany. Check out his awesome slideshare presentations, including his latest at Lift 12 in Geneva
- Seth Priebatsch, the man who described the “game layer at the top of the world” at SXSW conference last year
- Rob Zepeda, a game designer based in South East Asia
- Bart Hufen, author of A Brand New Playground
- Rajat Paharia, chief executive at Bunchball, who has been gamifying since 2005..
- Keith Smith, chief “doorman” at BigDoor returns to the top 20, after last month’s brief hiatus.
- Buster Benson and Tommy Lee also return to the top 20.
I’m working on a way that all the gurus can log in and see their own position on the leaderboard each month. I’m also considering including new input feeds to improve the leaderboard accuracy – current suggestions include Slideshare and a book database. More suggestions gladly received!